A Shocking Situation

AvantGuard
Mar 24, 2017 1:44:58 PM

White House, TN–Sheree was leaving her house one morning when she accidentally put her car into drive instead of reverse.

Because she was in her garage, the tap on the accelerator sent her car into her living room, rupturing the water heater and dismantling the breaker box from the wall.

The frayed, active wires sent sparks as they touched and began edging closer to the water flowing from the water heater.

In telling her story, Sheree said, “I panicked! I didn’t know what to do.”

Luckily, she had purchased a Belle mPERS device a few months earlier and was able to press the button to get immediate help.

“The response was wonderful. I didn’t have my glasses, so I couldn’t use my phone, and the woman I spoke to (Liz) was so quick and easy to hear. I knew I was in a dangerous situation.”

Liz, the operator who responded to Sheree’s call, said “ I remember feeling really calm and eager to help her. I felt bad for her. I knew that it was a real emergency and up to me to help her out as soon as possible.”

Liz carefully followed her action plan so she could get the local fire department on-scene as quickly as possible.

Because Liz handled the situation in a proficient manner, the fire department arrived before any serious injury came upon Sheree as she waited in her car, avoiding contact with the water and live wires.

We would like to thank the local fire department for the quick and responsive service they provided to Sheree that day.

Subscribe by Email

No Comments Yet

Let us know what you think