KANSAS CITY, MO–At 10:46 a.m. Diana awoke to her living room aflame. She rushed out of her home and pressed her PERS pendant as she ran out the door. AvantGuard operator, Blaine, took the call and attempted to contact on Diana's 2-way device as well as her home phone. Blaine was unable to make contact with her so he sent the paramedics to the scene.
When the paramedics arrived they found Diana near the street and were able to immediately treat her for smoke inhalation and get the fire department on scene.
Diana's son Eric placed a call to AvantGuard to express gratitude for the help his mother received that day. He described his mother's PERS device as a "blessing, a true miracle" and is looking forward to having her new system installed when Diana gets back into her home.
AG Operator, Blaine was happy to help. "I know our subscribers can rest easy because we always will send help if we don't make contact. AvantGuard will jump through hoops to help make sure people and property are safe."
Diana's home sustained minimal damage and her 14-year-old dog was saved from the home because Blaine followed proper procedures and erred on the side of caution. The home is currently being renovated from the damages, which were contained primarily to the living room and smoke damage elsewhere. Diana and her family are looking forward to having her back in her home before the holidays.
We would like to extend a special thanks to the the supplier of Diana's PERS device, as well as the Kansas City, Missouri Fire Department for their speedy response and assistance.