A Shocking Situation
White House, TN Sheree was leaving her house one morning when she accidentally put her car into drive instead of reverse. Because she was in her garage, the tap on the accelerator sent her car into her living room, rupturing the water heater and dismantling the breaker box from the wall. The frayed, active wires sent sparks as they touched and began edging closer to the water flowing from the water heater. In telling her story, Sheree said, “I panicked! I didn’t know what to do.” Luckily, she had purchased a Belle mPERS device a few months earlier and was able to press the button to get immediate help. “The response was wonderful. I didn’t have my glasses, so I couldn’t use my phone, and the woman I spoke to (Liz) was so quick and easy to hear. I k ...
Con Caught on Camera
alarm monitoring service
alarm monitoring services
home security monitoring
home security monitoring services
self monitoring home security
Ontario, CA All of the employees were at home for the night when the car wash was broken into. No one was walking on the nearby street to see what was happening, and the darkness of the night made it especially difficult to see clearly. Because the business had video surveillance integrated I-View Now software, the operator who responded to the alarm saw the perpetrator’s face before anyone else, over 1400 miles away. “When the motion sensor went off, I saw the footage on my monitor right away and I could tell dispatch exactly what I saw,” said Liz, an AvantGuard operator. She continues, “A lot of cities won’t send police if I can’t verify there was an actual person breaking in.” According to “ ...
Green Lake, WI Mark was in a dark place one midsummer’s evening. Feeling lonely, rejected and mentally tired, he consumed an entire bottle of pain relievers. On the cusp of ending his life, the last thing Mark expected was a complete stranger telling him he is important. Two hours after consuming the pain pills, Mark pressed his Freeus medical alert button. Maybe he did it to let someone know where he was, or perhaps he wanted someone to help him change his mind. Chase, an AvantGuard operator, answered the call and spoke with Mark. After sending the paramedics to Mark’s location, he simply listened to Mark. “When I got the call, I knew I needed to be aware of what Mark was going through and be concerned for his well-being,” said Chase, remembering the incident. ...
Smoking In School
UT Jolene, a teacher at a school in Utah, hurried to get to work earlier than usual, one dry summer morning. Arriving before the other teachers, she expected to get a head start at grading a stack of tests. She did not expect, however, to be alone in a school when it started on fire. As Jolene was working away at the pile of papers, she noticed plumes of smoke began billowing out of the vents, quickly filling her classroom. For reasons unknown, one of the school’s air conditioning units overheated and caught fire. Luckily no one else was in the building to be injured by the smoke. Unfortunately, though, no one else was in the building to help Jolene figure out what to do. Minutes after the fire started, Jolene received a call from Patrick, an AvantGuard o ...
Suburban Pirate Plunders Car
Mill Creek, WA At the crack of dawn one beautiful July morning, Joan looked outside her window to see a suburban pirate plundering her car for valuables. Thinking on her feet, she opened her front door without disarming her home’s burglar alarm, in order to sound the audible alert system and scare away the shameless thief. Upon receiving the signal from Joan’s home, AvantGuard operator Skyler, called to assess the situation. “Is everything OK?” asked Skyler. “It will be as soon as the police arrive” said Joan. “My car is being robbed.” Joan informed Skyler that she had already called the police and that they should be on their way. To further aid law enforcement, Skyler asked for information about the perpetrator’s appearance from Joan while ...